This page describes the management procedures of the CNR-Ibimet Training Initiative website in relation to the processing of personal data of its users. This policy is also provided pursuant to GDPR for the protection of personal data to those that interact with the services of CNR-Ibimet, that is accessible electronically and related to the domain: training.climateservices.it
The disclosure is provided for the training.climateservices.it website only and not for other websites that may be accessed by the user through links.
Your personal data
The Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Application. All Data requested by this Application is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without any consequences on the availability or the functioning of the service.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Following consultation of this website, data may be processed on persons identified or identifiable. The data processing controller is CNR-Ibimet.
In order to access the training content published on this site, you may be asked to submit personal information about yourself (e.g. name and e-mail address) in order to receive or use services on our website. Such services include e-mail updates, website feedback, training feedback.
By entering your details in the fields when requested, you enable the CNR-Ibimet and its service providers to provide you with the services you select. Any personal information you provide to us will only be used by us and service providers, and will not be disclosed unless we are obliged or permitted to by law to do so.
The processing related to this website’s services take place at the head office of the CNR-Ibimet and is carried out by authorized persons. Personal data may be communicated externally to other public or private entities exclusively for purposes related to the performance of the CNR-Ibimet research and institutional activities.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as you use the service you have requested, and remove it in the event that the purpose has been met or when you no longer wish to continue your subscription. You can cancel your subscription by entering your profile page and delete your account on this website or connecting to Privacy Tools page. We will not keep your information for any other purpose.
This website is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Table of Contents
- Definitions used in this Policy
- Data protection principles we follow
- What rights do you have regarding your Personal Data
- What Personal Data we gather about you
- How we use your Personal Data
- Methods of processing
- Data Provided voluntarily by the user
- How we secure your data
- Information about cookies
- Contact and Communication
- Data Controller, Data Processor, Data Protection Officer
- How to modify, request or delete your data
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – This application https://training.climateservices.it/
Data Protection Principles we follow
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is lawful, fair, transparent. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Processing is limited to a time period. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject’s rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
To access your data and request to delete the data, please go to Privacy Tools Page.
Data we gather
The information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name, organization name etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your IP address, your training history etc. This information is used to improve your customer experience. When you use our services or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes, for example, registering your account; providing you with other services that you have requested; providing you with training content at your request and communicating with you in relation to those services; communicating and interacting with you, and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
On the ground of legitimate interest, we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you personalized information;
- to administer and analyse our client base (learner behaviour and history) in order to improve the quality, variety, and availability of training services offered/provided;
- to conduct questionnaires concerning user satisfaction;
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you messages and information (from us);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfil obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymise Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymised.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be the appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
This application does not either collect or store personal data from the site users likely to result in a high risk to their rights and freedoms or processes on a large scale of special categories of data.
We do not use any of the collected personal information for the purposes of marketing.
Methods of processing
The Data Controller processes the Data of Users in a proper manner and shall take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data.
The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Data Controller, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, legal, system administration, web managers) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The Data is processed at the Data Controller’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
The use of the collected Data
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its services, as well as for the following purposes: Content commenting, Contacting the User, Handling activity data and SPAM protection.
The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the specific sections of this document.
Data Provided voluntarily by the user
The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of e-mail to the addresses indicated on this website involves the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address required to reply to information requests, and any other personal data included in the message. The personal data provided voluntarily by users, acquired with registration and enrolment or by means of any other specific method of collection, will be processed for the conduct of its institutional activities, within the limits established by law and by regulations, in compliance with the general principles of transparency, correctness and confidentiality as indicated in The EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Contact form (this Application)
By filling in the contact form with their Data, the User authorizes this Application to use these details to reply to requests for information, quotes or any other kind of request as indicated by the form’s header. Personal Data collected: email address, IP address, and the information you will send in the body message.
Content commenting services allow users to make and publish their comments on the contents of this Application.
To comment name and email may be required, the email will not be publicly available or published within the comment. If there is an email address among the Personal Data provided by the User, it may be used to send notifications of comments on the same content. Users are responsible for the content of their own comments. If the user posts or sends offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on this site, we may use whatever information about you is available to us to stop such behaviour.
This Application has its own internal content comment system. Personal Data collected: email address, name you write, Usage Data.
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. – describe additional security measures.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the total security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
This website uses iThemes security plugin. this plugin may collect some data to ensure website protection like IP address of bad users. Please refer to iThemes website for further details.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don’t collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalised features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Analytics cookies – these cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and services anonymously.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
The IT systems and software procedures for the operation of this website acquire, during normal operation, some personal data the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This is information that is not collected to be associated with identified parties concerned, but that by its very nature could, through processing and association with data held by third parties, allow identifying users. This data is only used to obtain anonymous, statistical information regarding website use and to verify its correct operation. The data may be used to ascertain liability in the event of hypothetical computer crimes against the website.
This type of service analyzes the traffic of this Application, potentially containing Users’ Personal Data, with the purpose of filtering it from parts of traffic, messages, and content that are recognized as SPAM.
Akismet (Automattic Inc.)
Akismet is a SPAM protection service provided by Automattic Inc.
The services contained in this section enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics with anonymized IP (Google Inc.)
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of this Application, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. This integration of Google Analytics anonymizes your IP address. It works by shortening Users’ IP addresses within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the complete IP address be sent to a Google server and shortened within the US.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
For more information on the usage of cookies by Google Analytics please see the Google website. A link to the privacy advice for this product is provided below for your convenience.
Google Maps (Google Inc.)
Google Maps is a map visualization service managed by Google Inc. it allows maps to be integrated within site pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
This type of service allows you to view content hosted on external platforms directly from the pages of this Application and interact with them. This type of service might still collect web traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
YouTube video widget (Google Inc.)
YouTube is a video content visualization service provided by Google Inc. that allows this Application to incorporate the content of this kind on its pages.
Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Interaction with social media
This type of service allows interaction with social networks or other external platforms directly from the pages of this Application. The interaction and information obtained through this Application are always subject to the User’s privacy settings for each social network. This type of service might still collect traffic data for the pages where the service is installed, even when Users do not use it.
Facebook sharing button and social widgets (Facebook, Inc.)
The Facebook sharing button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Facebook social network provided by Facebook, Inc. Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Twitter Tweet button and social widgets (Twitter, Inc.)
The Twitter Tweet button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Twitter social network provided by Twitter, Inc.Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
Instagram button and social widgets (Instagram, Inc.)
The Instagram button and social widgets are services allowing interaction with the Instagram platform provided by Instagram Inc. Personal Data collected: Cookies and Usage Data.
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Apple Safari
Contact & Communication
Users contacting this website and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal information is kept private and stored securely until a time it is no longer required or has no use. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form to email submission process but advise users using such form to email processes that they do so at their own risk.
This website and its owners use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the services they offer or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program the website operates but only if this was made clear to you and your express permission was granted when submitting any form to email process. Or whereby you the consumer have previously purchased from or enquired about purchasing from the company a product or service that the email newsletter relates to. This is by no means an entire list of your user rights in regard to receiving email information material. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
We very much welcome and actively encourage your feedback on this site. The site is being constantly developed, so we encourage you to provide feedback to ensure that future iterations meet your needs. This project is seen by us as a collaborative one between CNR-Ibimet and yourselves so do get in touch and help shape future direction. We will not pass on any of your personal information when dealing with your enquiry unless you have given us permission to do so. Once we have replied to you, we keep a record of your message for audit purposes.
IBIMET – CNR Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche”, via Giovanni Caproni 8 – I-50145 Firenze, Italia
CNR – Data Controller, Data Processor, Data Protection Officer
The data controller is Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche is in the person of its legal representative pro tempore, the President. CNR is based in Roma, Piazzale Aldo Moro, 7 – Roma.
DPO: dott. Giuliano Salberini, CNR , Roma .
Data Processor: Antonio Raschi, Director of the Ibimet, Istituto di Biometeorologia, CNR.
For any communication, request and other data subjects, please contact the person in charge of processing personal data at the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information or updates on privacy, please visit the site of the Guarantor for the protection of personal data at www.garanteprivacy.it.
Last modification was made 15th of May 2018
Modify, Request or Delete your Data
If you are a registered user you can modify your data in your profile page and change your information. To check and delete personal data submitted (es. also sending messages through the contact form or when commenting posts) please go to GDPR request personal data – Privacy Tools page; you will be able to download and to delete your data.